Solutions for biodiversity and climate need to go hand in hand
In the past few years, the world has shown that when we join forces, together we can solve global challenges. The climate and biodiversity negotiations are both taking steps forward, despite the challenges the pandemic keeps throwing at us – but still, much more actions are needed. To safeguard biodiversity and solve the climate crisis, circular economy solutions are essential.
Finland’s target is to become carbon neutral by 2035. At Sitra, we want to aim even higher and make Finland also nature positive: a country that has halted biodiversity loss and started to promote nature. But acting in Finland alone is not enough – we need to speed up the global transition to a fair circular economy and address climate and biodiversity issues together. Stay tuned for this year’s World Circular Economy Forum.
- Reasons to be cheerful on the circular economy
- Looking back at WCEF2021 – videos and summary report
- Analysis: WCEF Side Events cover majority of SDGs
- Protect biodiversity with circular solutions
- Nature is important to Finns – wide range of relationships with nature exis
- What motivates people to a sustainable lifestyle?
These and other sustainability solutions can be found in the January 2022 SITRA Newsletter