On September 22, representatives of KOSMOS LLC took part online in the III Baltic Region Investment Forum BRIEF'21, which continued the BRIEF'20 agenda on the potential of the Leningrad Region as an attractive territory for national and foreign investors, focused on industrial leadership. The forum was held in the form of panel discussions.
The main topics of discussion of the first discussion "Production of the future" were:
- changes in global advanced manufacturing markets;
- changes and technologies that are necessary for industrial production;
- ensuring stability and safety at enterprises with the introduction of advanced technologies.
The purpose of the discussion is to discuss the challenges and opportunities offered by advanced production technologies in a dialogue between business, experts, public associations and the authorities, to consider best practices and outline a plan of joint actions in order to increase the competitiveness of the region's economy and make it resistant to new challenges.
The second panel discussion was devoted to the impact of decarbonization on the regional industry. The participants discussed the upcoming introduction of a carbon tax in the EU in the context of accelerating the transition to renewable energy sources and reducing the carbon footprint.
The main topics of discussion were:
- How will the introduction of a cross-border carbon tax affect the competitiveness of business? How strongly are the global trends of decarbonization of the economy felt by Russian enterprises?
- How are companies going to cope with the introduction of a cross-border carbon tax? Experience of Russian and international companies;
- How to provide exporters with access to "green" energy to reduce the tax burden?
- For the region, "green" energy opens up opportunities for creating a new industrial cluster for the production of equipment for the renewable energy sector (RES). How to direct the flow of investments into production in the field of renewable energy?
The third panel discussion "Betting on robots: drivers and barriers of production robotization" was devoted to robotics as one of the key technologies of advanced production, which gives the enterprise a set of advantages-it allows to increase productivity in a short time, reduces dependence on external factors, including the environment, and thereby increases competitiveness.
The practical experience of the companies of the Leningrad region and St. Petersburg in the introduction of robotics was considered, drivers and barriers to the robotization of production were identified.
The program of the event in Russian can be found here.
Photos of the event can be viewed in the album.