On July 16-18, 2021, the opening of the ecological and educational museum "PRO garbage" will take place in St. Petersburg.
One of the tasks is to change people's habitual view of garbage, "to form a culture of effective waste management for the future generation. To show the possibilities and solutions for the cost-effective and environmentally safe use of garbage as a valuable raw material for the production of finished products" (project manager, General Director of Synergy + Holding German Vladimirovich Khilchenko).
On the official website of the project promusorv.ru the following is specified:
- The main functions of the project (Competence Center) "PRO garbage" are educational and integrating;
- Through the implementation of the project, we: Demonstrate technologies for waste processing and production of finished products from secondary resources;
- We attract business to the creation of waste processing plants;
- We contribute to increasing the share of recycling of household (solid municipal) waste and reducing the volume of their disposal;
- We introduce and spread the culture of economically efficient and environmentally safe use of garbage as a valuable raw material for the production of finished products;
- We promote the formation of a comprehensive system of careful waste management in society, reducing the negative impact on the environment;
- The Competence Center will also allow you to concentrate experts and information about industry innovations on its site.
The museum has its own peculiarities, it has a container architecture and at any time can move to any point in Russia, to an exhibition or an environmental event.
The organizers explain why this is necessary: "The unique design of the "PRO garbage" museum serves as an example of how to use things that have become unnecessary wisely. Even the walls of our exhibition demonstrate the possibilities of their effective use. The three-storey building of the museum, built from sea containers, is a spacious and comfortable exhibition complex, which has no analogues not only in Russia, but also in the world. The building can be disassembled into individual parts, like a constructor, transported to another place and reassembled".